10.15.2012

First good sunrise in Maine

It wasn't until our second morning in Maine that we had a nice sunrise.  It wasn't your classic red sky.  But since it had been raining all day and night, I was shocked to see the clouds start to blow over revealing blue sky.

I got a late start to the beach.  I like to get there about 30 minutes before sunrise (sunrise is about 6:30) and to stay for another 30 minutes after the sunrise.  That to me is a very magic hour.  I love watching the colors develop.

This image was taken about 7 a.m.  But with that bank of clouds, the sun really wasn't visible until a few minutes after this shot was taken.  But I did like watching the suns rays melt right through the clouds in the middle of the picture.  And the clouds above were picking up some of the golden light.

 


No comments: