1.18.2015

Reflecting on 2014- Which photos were the best?

I was kind of disappointed when I reviewed my images from last year to find what I think were the "best".  Of course there will always be images that are the "best" as it is a relative term that just means better than the rest.   Actually, the "best" images may not be "excellent" images in an absolute sense.

What I was hoping to find is that the images I think are the "best" are also "excellent".  But I'm not so sure.  And of course, beauty is in the mind of the beholder. As they say, "your mileage may vary."

There are only a couple in this group that I would view as good enough to put up on a wall.  On the other hand, I do have a lot of images that make me smile, including many others not shown below.  That doesn't surprise me because it's very clear to me that 95% or more of my images were taken to preserve a memory or record an event, location, or particular piece of information.

So, below are what I think are the best of the lot.  Nevertheless, I am not sure I would tag them as necessarily "excellent" images.  I imagine, if I had instead performed this little exercise next week, that I might come up with an entirely different group of 25 images.

If you are viewing on a high resolution screen, you will see larger, higher-resolution images on my Web site, by clicking here:

http://www.peterfraileyphoto.com/best2014



























No comments: