6.23.2018

My Toddler Granddaughter taught me how to use my Camera

My wife and I were visiting grandchildren yesterday and, as always, I brought along a descent camera hoping to grab one or two cute candid photos. The youngest of our three granddaughters loves to look at photos and watch videos on the back of smart phones and tablets.  And of course, she has also been intrigued by what the LCD on the back of my camera can offer.  



Yesterday’s visit reminded me of Christmas time, when after each click of the shutter she would toddle over to me, her thumb in her mouth, and bend her neck around without making a sound, to see what was on the screen.  She would take her sticky right forefinger and touch the LCD (you wouldn’t believe the fingerprints!), and began swiping through the pictures.  I just laughed.




The funny thing is that I had never tried that on my camera.  And, to be honest, I didn’t even know I could do that!  

So, there you have it.  I learned something about my camera from a one-year old.

[I shared this story with my friend, Hans, and he told me of a video he had seen of a two-year old trying to swipe the cover of a coffee-table book.  I am happy to say that all of our grandchildren have been well connected to books.]

No comments: