3.01.2011

Club digital "salon" entries for March, 2011

This month for our monthly photo club "salon" (i.e. competition) I submitted two "nature" category images and one "open" category image.

This first image below was taken near Crested Butte, Colorado.  I like the pattern created by the small circle of aspens within the conifer forest.  Incidentally, part of the nature story here are the Mountain Pine Beetles that have deforested huge areas in the Rocky Mountains. You can see many dead trees in this image, which were likely killed by the beetles, as they are rampant in this area.

Conifers and Aspens

The image below was taken along a stream near home, while doing a bit of fishing.  I like the image, but there is not much of a story here... other than the fact that this Ebony Jewelwing Damselfly alighted next to me and graciously waited while I took my camera out of my fishing vest and snapped a few images. 

Ebony Jewelwing Damselfly

This final image was taken at Tower Hill Botanic Garden.  It's a tulip of some kind, and I loved the orangey-red color against the green background.

Tulip

No comments: