11.16.2017

I Missed Nearly All the Fall Colors

We had a strange fall.  In our area, October was the warmest October in history, with an average temperature many degrees above normal.

The other day I was looking through my images from October hoping I'd taken some nice fall images.  Well, there is hardly a one!  Fall was a couple of weeks late this year and by the time "peak" color was forecast to hit eastern Massachusetts, we had several days of heavy rain and wind. After that there was nothing left on the trees... unless you count ugly brown oak leaves.

That being said, I do enjoy these three photos I scrounged up.


Ivy on Maple Tree
Panasonic GX80/85 with 100-300mm lens
@300mm (600mm equiv)
1/640, F5.6, ISO200

The Tiniest Maple Leaf.
Spots of mold, but unchewed by bugs!
Panasonic GX80/85 with Olympus 60mm macro lens
1/60, F5.6, ISO200
Taken in our kitchen on a white surface with Olympus 36R flash

Imperfect But Beautiful.
I like the red/orange color against the blurred green background (our lawn)
Panasonic GX80/85 with Olympus 60mm macro lens
1/125, F4, ISO200




No comments: