7.24.2013

On The Way Home [2013Jul24]

There was a lot of nasty weather yesterday.  The day ranged from torrential rain with dark low storm clouds, to bright sunshine and dark blue sky, to rain while the sun was shining.

While driving home yesterday afternoon I stopped along the road to take two dramatic pictures.  The first one, viewing into wetlands, was taken with the camera aimed east.  I was attracted to the dark wet dead trees offset by the low clouds in the background. The second image was taken from the other side of the road, with the camera aimed west.

What I had with me was the NEX6 with Nikkor 56mm F1.4 lens attached.  I set the aperture ring to F8, set the ISO to 100, focused manually, and let the camera choose the shutter speed.  No EV compensation was needed.



No comments: