9.25.2017

Philosophical About Fall Maple Leaves

Over the weekend, while mostly lying on my back watching football on television after a back sprain earlier in the week, I decided I needed to go outside, walk around the property, and see if there were any photos to be had. I needed some fresh air and some camera-time between back exercises!

I thought I might get a nice photo from among the growing number fall-colored maple leaves that had fallen to the ground, and I looked for a perfect specimen as a model. The task was impossible....there were so many that were quite attractive but nowhere near " perfect ". The one below is an example. 

For some reason after holding and photographing this leaf (against a blurred and richly green background which is our lawn), and then admiring its own beauty on my computer screen, I got a bit philosophical.

I thought to myself that the downed maple leaves were a lot like people: each is unique, all have imperfections, and most (many ?) are beautiful in their own way. 

Fall Maple Leaf - Imperfect But Beautiful
Panasonic GX80/85 with 60mm Olympus F2.8 Macro
1/125sec, F4, ISO 200

No comments: