1.10.2018

One Photo: My Favorite Landscape from 2017: "T.A. Moulton Barn"

Over this past weekend I spent a considerable amount of time with my 2017 images (and wrote about organizing them here).  Motivated by what I have seen other photographers doing on their blogs and Instagram, I decided to try to pick my favorite image of last year, in a number of categories.  That is so hard!  I have a bunch which I like a lot.  Depending on the day I imagine I could make a case for any one of a dozen or so.  It’s not that I have a dozen or so great images, it’s just that I can’t differentiate among them.  

But I am going to try.  Just for fun.

Here is what today I am choosing as my favorite landscape image.  Perhaps a bit cliche, this is one of the two Moulton barns located on Mormon Row in Jackson, Wyoming. The barn is inside the boundaries of Grand Teton National Park. 

I just love photos of either of the two old barns, with the Teton mountain range behind them. The peak of the Grand Teton is actually behind and above the barn, and is partly hidden by the clouds looking like smoke coming out of the top. The Grand Teton is the highest point in the Teton Range, at 13,776 feet.



T.A. Moulton Barn
Olympus E-M1 with Olympus 12-100 F4 zoom @ 29mm (58mm equivalent)
1/2500sec, F4, ISO200, Aperture priority, -.3EV


This photo was taken on June 10, 2017 at 7am, as an overnight rainstorm was clearing off. My wife and I remember so well taking a few photographs and then returning to our rented pick-up truck camper to make a pot of coffee and a hot breakfast.  The temperature was in the 30s (Fahrenheit degrees) so we even ran the propane furnace while we enjoyed our breakfast and coffee. Oh so delightful and memorable.

My Instagram Feed is https://www.instagram.com/peterfraileyphoto/

My Photography Website is https://peterfraileyphoto.com/

No comments: