3.12.2012

Switzerland in 1968: a few scans

In the summer of 1968 I worked at the Hotel Berhaus in Switzerland.  It was the highest hotel in Europe, at the top of the Aletsch Glacier, the largest glacier in Europe.  To get there, a train zig-zaged inside the mountain, gradually ascending to the Jungfraujoch. 

Much of the hotel was actually inside the mountain. I wish I'd taken pictures of it, as the hotel burned down some time ago. In the picture below you can see the part of the hotel that had a view of the glacier.  In this case I am on the glacier where a small airplane with photographers crashed.


The images below are some of my favorites.  I am amazed at how few picture we all used to take with film.  I think I was in Switzerland for 8 weeks and shot 6 rolls of 36 exposure Kodachrome 25.  I've posted about 25 images here.  Many are only snapshot quality.







No comments: