4.03.2012

Living on the Outside: Uncharacteristically of me, a little bit of social commentary

When seeing this image in Stonington, Maine I couldn't help but equate it to humans.  How frequent it is that people feel safety only within their own comfort zone and with others of similar interests, and in this case similar appearance (as with hair styles, clothes, cars, ... not to mention so many other things like age, ethnicity, race, nationality, and religion).

And just like the yellow dory, people who are different are often excluded from the "in" group.

I think it is interesting, and one point I want to make with this image, that the "excluded" may be far more "beautiful" (and with people I don't mean surface beauty) than the "included".

Click on the image on my Web site (at the link below) to get a view closer to the size of your monitor:

http://www.peterfraileyphoto.com/p715859337/h2c487ac#h2a63c284


Living on the Outside

No comments: