1.05.2013

On the way home

As I was driving home from work yesterday afternoon I found it hard to keep my eyes on the road as I watched this sky color develop.  It was very close to sundown.  I kept looking for some place to pull off the road, but I could find nowhere where I could get a clean shot.  I wanted to capture not only the blue sky but to capture the cloud bank with its very abrupt demarcation line.

When I couldn't stand waiting any longer, I pulled off into a boat landing along the Concord River and captured this shot.  I shot vertically to capture the sky.  There's a bit of ice on the water.

The image was taken with the Canon S90.  It's not my favorite point and shoot camera but it's small and I keep it in my briefcase.  As they say, "the best camera is the one you have with you."

Canon S90 1/250th, F4, ISO 80

No comments: