4.28.2014

Rokinon 12mm F2 for Sony NEX: First few snapshots

[This is my second post on the new Rokinon 12mm for Sony NEX]

Like many others, I am sure, the first experience I have with a new lens is likely to be sitting on a couch in the living room with the lens box right at my side.  This time of year I might be watching the Boston Red Sox on TV, but no matter, I start my understanding of any new lens by panning around the room aiming at various objects and firing off a few stills.  I am sure I am not the only one who takes a few shots of his/her feet. They are great for testing focusing speed,  DOF and background blur.

The next experience is usually over a weekend, if the weather is good.  I might grab the camera and new lens for  walk around the yard or walk over to our town's high school to shoot at some brick walls.

In the last few days I have done all of the above.

F2

F2 Only blue part of pen in focus

F8

F2

F2


F8

F2

F8.  I don't like the vignetting, especially in the upper the left.