10.24.2016

1959 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 750 Sprint 5-speed two door coupe


Two Saturdays ago I went to the Italian Day lawn event at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum.  To be honest I don't have much of an understanding of the differences between Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Maseratis, other than to know that they are beautiful and expensive luxury automobiles.... And that Ferraris should be red! (Though the yellow ones I saw looked pretty sweet too!)

At the event there was also a smattering of Alfa Romeos, and I pretty much skipped over the Fiats.  I was  simply too enraptured by a couple of Ferraris, one burgundy Lamborghini (prior post), and a red Alfa Romeo (below) to bother with the Fiats.  Maybe at next year's event I'll carve out some time to hang out with a Fiat or two.

Below I have posted about a dozen pictures of a 1959 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 750 Sprint that intrigued me. The first image is an overall view of the automobile.  The others images were taken as I walked around the body a few times.

From 1954 to 1965 a total of 177,690 Giuliettas were made, this one being a 2-door Sprint coupe. The engine is a 1.3 liter twin cam straight four with an aluminum alloy engine block. This one is a 5-speed. 

Camera used for these images: Sony a6000 with Tamron 90mm macro lens plus circular polarizer.










No comments: