4.23.2018

My Favorite Maple Tree is Gone


During the first night of our second of four "nor’easter" storms this winter my favorite maple tree fell to the ground from heavy wet snow and near hurricane winds.  It was one of 14 trees we lost that night. 



Now that it’s gone I remember the great photos it has given me.  The inch worm image was a once in a lifetime capture. And this particular tree was always heavily laden with colorful seed pods each May. 

Feeling nostalgic, I did some searching in my Lightroom catalog for images, and came up with a few.

Taken in May, 2008
Olympus C8080 bridge camera with 2/3" sensor

Taken in May, 2014
Sony NEX-6 with I think an old manual focus macro lens

Taken in May, 2014
Sony NEX-6 and unknown manual macro lens
Likey a Tamron 90mm with adapter

Taken in May, 2014
Olympus E-M1 and 60mm macro lens

Taken in May, 2017
Olympus E-M1 and 12-100 F4 zoom @ 54mm

No comments: