8.23.2018

One Photo: Sometimes the Best Photos are not the “Best” Photos



“Grandmother and Grandson”
Photo taken at a Saturday morning Farmers Market, Bath, Maine
Panasonic GM5 with 12-32mm zoom at 32mm and cropped somewhat
1/160 sec, F5.6, ISO 200

I’ve returned from a long vacation in Maine and have been going through my images, looking for the “best” ones.  In reality there aren’t too many in that department, perhaps because once we get to Maine it’s generally a “stay-cation” for us.  This means I don’t take a lot of photos. 

But the photo featured here is an exception to all the images I captured.  It is certainly not a photo to “put on the wall”, nor will it be included in my portfolio (if I every take the time to create one).  The background is (perhaps) distracting.  And wouldn’t it be better to see faces?  I don’t know, but I don't think so.

From a standpoint of pure emotion, I am so happy with this image.  It touched my heart. My wife and I both had tears in our eyes as we reviewed this image, as did at least one of my friends. It is so touching. The first thing I said to myself was that the grandmother is so lucky… but then I realized that the grandson is equally lucky.  

Love is hard to define… but I know it when I see it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

really nice with great heart warming content. Should do well in our Photojournalism assigned subject