5.30.2012

Front yard safari

After getting home from the office this afternoon and grabbed my camera and macro lens I trotted out to the garden in the front yard.  The first two pictures below are of (I think) a "hummingbird moth" which I discovered on the blue irises.  With it's largely clear wings, it was actually quite camouflaged.  However, I couldn't position myself to get a good angle.  I'm not sure what angle would have been better, but I don't really like either of these. 

I decided to walk around a bit more, looking for other insects.  I found a few.  The white thing was a surprise.  I've never seen anything like it.  The beetle was easy to spot though it was small... perhaps 1/2" long.  It looks like it had been chomping on the edge of the leaf it was standing on.











No comments: