5.01.2012

Wish I'd had more time

I wasn't exactly late to my dentist appointment the other day, but I always like to be "on time" to appointments.  I think that's a bit of a hangup of mine, as I now think that the "need" to be there on time (for the inevitable 15-30 minute wait) interferred with taking a few extra moments (or even minutes) to enjoy this outdoor scene. 

You see, this image was what I saw when I got out of my car and walked into the building.  I suppose I should give myself a break, as most people would not have even taken a moment to look up at the sky to see what I saw.  And I did have the foresight (is that a pun?) to take my little point and shoot camera out of the dedicated pocket in my briefcase in the event that a nice composition would present itself.

Anyway, in hindsight, I wish I'd taken a few more minutes composing a few more shots, or perhaps waited for a few more clouds to come into view...like the one that seems to be emerging from behind the tree (as I recall the clouds were moving from left to right).

As you'd expect, when I left the dentist and walked back to my car, the moment was completely gone.  The sky was then actually hazy blue and no clouds were visible.

Anyway, I love the cotton ball flowers on the tree (I don't even know what kind of tree it is) and the cotton ball clouds.

No comments: