9.23.2013

Car Photography: My new interest - Part 2

In my Part 1 post, I reflected on how I used a standard zoom lens (Sony 16-50mm on a NEX-6) to introduce myself to car photography at my first Larz Anderson lawn event in Brookline, MA.  As I walked past all the beautiful cars during that first show I quickly began wondering what I might do with a shallow depth of field lens like my Olympus 75mm F1.8.  On an Olympus camera with its 2x crop factor, this lens give a field of view equivalent to a 150mm lens.

So, to the second weekend event I brought not only the Sony but also an Olympus E-M5 with its ugly but awesomely sharp silver 75mm lens.  I really like the creamy background I was able to get with these shots.  Out of focus areas can really make the subject of the image "pop".
















No comments: