5.11.2014

Rokinon 12mm F2.0 for Sony NEX: how to fix the vignetting

[This is my sixth post about the new Rokinon 12mm (18mmm-equiv) lens.]

In my last post I showed four images taken at F2, F4, F8 and F16 to show the amount of vignetting I am getting with this lens on a 16mp Sony NEX-6.

Unfortunately, expect at F2.0, it is not entirely obvious when viewed at "web sizes" like the 750 pixel wide images shown in this blog  space.  So I have posted the images large on my Web site here:
http://www.peterfraileyphoto.com/rokinon12vignetting


Below: F2 before and after


In Lightroom:  Lens Vignetting Sliders:  Midpoint=0; Amount=80

Below: F4 before and after (more obvious on full size image)


In Lightroom: Lens Vignetting Slider: Midpoint=0, Amount=40

Below: F8 before and after (more obvious on full sizes image)


In Lightroom: Lens Vignetting Slider: Midpoint=0, Amount=30


Below: F16 before and after (more obvious on fill size image)


In Lightroom: Lens Vignetting Slider: Midpoint=0, Amount=20