5.23.2019

New Lens and some Fresh Flowers

In my last post I talked about the new (for me) Olympus lens I now own.  It's the 40-150mm PRO F2.8 zoom (80-300mm-full frame equivalent).

Here are a few shots from our local public arboretum.  All were done at F2.8 using the focus bracketing feature onboard my Olympus E-M1.  All were shot with 25 images.  I focus on the closest part of the flower and the camera does the rest, moving the focus point further away in small increments until 25 images are recorded. I do often discard one or more of the photos at the end of the series if by then the images were focused past the flower. The total images used in creating the images below ranged from 8 to 24. The images were stacked and processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.  It is a rather lengthy process.

These are all hand held, but I do use a little fold-up stool for low shots.  I sit on it and rest my elbows on my knees. I do have a tripod (not a fan), but usually leave it in the car (on purpose).

Tulip

Veronica

Grape Hyacinth

Apple blossoms

White Trilliulm

Very pink Trillium

I'm not sure yet what kind of fruit these will be.

Yup, just your basic Dandelion

Pink Trillium

No comments: